Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Make Art That Sells E-course


{Project 1, Cell Phone Case, Digital, 2014}
I recently signed up for a 6 month long e-course with agent Lilla Rogers. It's called "Make Art That Sells". This past weekend I finished my first project for the course and had a pretty good time doing it! I have to say, the cost of the class seems like a bargain as it has really lit a fire inside me to really create the kind of art I am inspired by. You know the art school speaker adage, "Do the kind of work you want to do"? It's true! Except, when I was in art school I didn't really know what kind of work I wanted to do. My style will probably always be a little all over the place, but it helps get a variety of jobs and it keeps like interesting. However, this class is helping me hone some of the skills that have sat dormant for months (maybe even *gulp* years). I'm feeling really hungry for some good, strong work that I'm really excited about. This class, so far, is doing exactly that.

No comments: